As the coronavirus pandemic continues to unfold in the UK, our main priority is ensuring the safety of everyone who comes to our food bank – whether it’s someone needing help, someone volunteering their time, or someone making a donation.
Things are changing quickly, so we’ll keep this page updated regularly with information about what’s happening at Blaenau Gwent Foodbank and how people can access support and help us be there for people in crisis.
We’re still supporting people with emergency food but we’re running a reduced service due to measures put in place to slow the spread of infection.
- All of our Foodbank Distribution Centres are now closed to Clients, Agencies and Public picking up food parcels.
- We are offering a Home Delivery Service only Tuesdays to Fridays and Ebbw Vale, Beaufort and Brynmawr Foodbank Distribution Centres become Home Delivery Service Centres.
- We are able to take donations of food at the following centres only with social distancing guidelines in operation
- Ebbw Vale Tuesdays and Thursdays 1pm to 4pm
- Beaufort Wednesday 2pm to 5pm
- Brynmawr Friday 10am to 1pm
If anything changes, we’ll let you know immediately. Your support is vital at this time, so if you’re considering donating, we’re particularly in need of:
- Tinned Potatoes
- Tinned Carrots
You can find out more about the Trussell Trust network’s response to coronavirus here link: www.trusselltrust.org/coronavirus-food-banks and you can follow us on Twitter BGwentFoodbank or on Facebook @blaenaugwentfoodbank to stay up to date.